Sunday, August 2, 2009

Chances at Berkeley or UCLA?

Weighted GPA: around 4.29 to 4.31


Unweighted: around 3.92 to 3.95


SAT I: 580 (RC), 610 (W), 640 (M)


SAT II (they're low, I know): 640 (Math II), 570 (French).


CA resident


ELC-status


Asian- which may hurt my chances.





I've gotten all A's in high school so far except for the two B's that I had in Calculus BC (man that class was hard).





I am rank 10 out of 973 students of my HS senior class.





As for extracurriculars, I'm the treasurer of the French Club, the treasurer of IHA (international humanitarian assistance), and one of the editors of my school's daily online newspaper. I also have an afterschool job.





I never took any AP exams (b/c I feel that the college board is ripping us off) but I took two classes at a junior college (Algebra 2 and Calculus 1) and recieved A's and college credit in both classes. I am also currently taking Sociology 1 at a JC.





Also, I've already been accepted to UC Davis and I think I have guaranteed admission to UCSD b/c of my ELC-status.

Chances at Berkeley or UCLA?
There is no point stressing over the application now; it is in the hands of the admission officers and there isn't much you can do. So relax, take a deep breath and calm down ... seriously, breathe!





There are plenty you can do AFTER you hear the decisions from Berkeley and UCLA. You can laugh about how ridiculous it was for you to stress over this because you got accepted at all the schools you wanted to attend. But if you don't get into the schools you want you can: 1) appeal the decision; 2) take a gap year to do something worthwhile (that will enrich your application essay) and reapply next year; 3) attend a community college and apply in two years as a transfer; or 4) attend one of your backup schools.





Until then, keep breathing ... stress isn't going to do you any good now. You can contact me if you need help with the appeal process or gap year options.
Reply:wow!


I guess I'm not really in a position to answer your question, as I'm a high school senior myself, but your record is definitely impressive!


I'm jealous - I wish I was even close to being as motivated as you! I'd be surprised if they didn't admit you.





Good luck! :-)

flower menings

No comments:

Post a Comment