Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to cite APA style for edited books?

forgot - how to cite edited books with chapters - APA style?


i left my Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association at home. must be APA style. i am finding contraditory info on college websites - please only answer if you KNOW





is it (a)


Author, A. A. (1996). Title of chapter. In E. E. Editor (Ed.), Title of book (pp. first page-last page). City: Publisher.





or (b)





Massaro, D. (1992). Broadening the domain of the fuzzy logical model of perception. In H. L. Pick Jr., P. van den Broek, D. C. Knill (Eds.), Cognition: Conceptual and methodological issues (pp. 51-84). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.








THANKS

How to cite APA style for edited books?
option B is correct. I looked up in APA manual. your exact example is found in sect 4.16 under "elements of a reference to an article or chpater in an edited book"





My APA manual is 5th edition. Good luck with your paper!
Reply:I reccommend this website to everyone who ask about APA citation. Its as followed: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resour...








I actually use this more than my APA manual. I have a degree in psychology and each time I had to cite I used this website. Good Luck


No comments:

Post a Comment