Friday, July 31, 2009

Where to save a SQL*PlUS report (oracle 9i)??

m making a project (website on ONLINE SHOPPING) in java using oracle 9i as back end.


my guide has asked me to include at least 10 reports for the project.


i found that there was a special feature in oracle 9i to generate reports...now i know the complete format of preparing this SQL*PLUS report..it can be made in any editor..i hav chosen NOTEPAD as my editor..


I dont know where to save this File so that SQL can execute it...pls tell me where should i save it...???


the c:\ drive of my PC holds oracle..





its kinda urgent...ss plz reply soon..


thanx in advance..

Where to save a SQL*PlUS report (oracle 9i)??
If you have installed Enterprise Manager ( Which is the part of client installation) then you can generate reports with out specifying the column format and break statement . You can save the report at your hard disk .


This feature is available in all monitoring tools like TOAD,HP openview,BMC etc.


In 10g you can run awrrpt %26amp; addmrpt which are located at


$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory and it will generate html %26amp; text reports
Reply:Whats all that.


No comments:

Post a Comment