Friday, July 31, 2009

Where to save a SQL*PlUS report (oracle 9i)??

m making a project (website on ONLINE SHOPPING) in java using oracle 9i as back end.


my guide has asked me to include at least 10 reports for the project.


i found that there was a special feature in oracle 9i to generate reports...now i know the complete format of preparing this SQL*PLUS report..it can be made in any editor..i hav chosen NOTEPAD as my editor..


I dont know where to save this File so that SQL can execute it...pls tell me where should i save it...???


the c:\ drive of my PC holds oracle..





its kinda urgent...ss plz reply soon..


thanx in advance..

Where to save a SQL*PlUS report (oracle 9i)??
I would save it to my home directory or somewhere I can find it easily. As long as the user account has the proper SQL priviledges, it really doesn't matter where you store the program. It should execute from anywhere.





It looks like your program spools the output to the directory where the report generator is so I would make a separate directory and put all of them in it. That way you don't have to hunt for the output.





Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment