Friday, July 31, 2009

Incorrect Function?

Thank you all very much with what help you could provide me with regarding my earlier Incorrect function. I have managed to get a little futher with the problem, I am now at a stage that I can get into the Registry Editor. So I was hopeing once again you could help me out, or maybe point me in the right direction.


Or do I still need to buy Windows Vista, to repair and startup my computer.





On booth up I get the Message "An Internal Error occurred. The following information might help you resolve the Error " Incorrect Function 0X80070001





I cannot get into my computer, except through C prompt, and as I am a novice at computers I do not know what to do next, hence my asking for your help once again.





Thanks





bomor

Incorrect Function?
Have you tried this? (See [1]).





Can you boot into Safe Mode? (press the F8 key just before the Vista boot screen appears). If so you can try running Scandisk (right click on the hard drive in My Computer, click properties, then the Tools tab).
Reply:You certainly do not need to buy Windows Visat to repair a computer.





If your computer has crashed then it might bet a good idea to run Check Disk to repair your file system. At the command prompt type:





c:%26gt; chkdsk /f


No comments:

Post a Comment